What is a Aadhar Card ?
The Government of India has started issuing a unique identification number or Aadhar number to every resident of India. It is a unique twelve (12) digit randomly generated number assigned to only one individual for life.
A person cannot have two aadhar numbers. Anyone who is a resident of India can apply free of cost for this number by enrolling in a nearby Enrolment Center. All the matters related to aadhar is handled by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The official website of UIDAI is – www.uidai.gov.in
People who have valid documents like PAN card, Passport, Voter Id, etc for Photo Identity Proof, Address and Date of Birth Proof can enroll themselves to get a Aadhar card.
Who can Apply for Aadhar Card ?
Aadhar is issued to individuals of all ages and gender. Teenagers, Adults and even children below 5 years can enroll along with adults. Any Indian resident who has valid documents and satisfies the eligibility criteria laid down by the UIDAI, can enroll for it.
Do you need to pay for this?
No. Aadhar is issued free of cost by the Unique Identification Authority of India.
What are the Use and Benefits of Aadhar?
There are a number of benefits for individual citizens as well as the country.
1) Aadhaar can be used as a identity proof for a lot of services like opening a bank account, phone connection, gas connection, etc.
2) LPG Subsidy : To get the benefit of Direct Benefit Transfer scheme under which LPG subsidy is directly deposited into the bank account, you need to link your aadhar number.
3) The Aadhar has now enabled the government to remove fake and multiple duplicate identities from various government records, thus ensuring that the benefits of government schemes and other policies is delivered to the right people.
4) If a person has a aadhar card, he/she can get a passport within 10 days after application.
5) A bank account with zero minimum balance can be opened under the Jan Dhan Yojana with just one aadhar card copy.
6) People have to enroll for Aadhar Card just once and it is valid for life, unlike other documents like passport, driving license, etc which has to be renewed after a certain period of time.
AADHAAR – Mera Aadhaar, Meri Pehchaan
This website is made to help every Indian who has questions related to aadhar card. We have made several detailed guides like how to apply, how to download aadhar, check status, application procedure and others to explain the process as simple as we can.
For more information and official updates please visit – www.uidai.gov.in
Disclaimer – This website is for information purpose only. We are not associated with UIDAI or any related government department.